‘Ekahi Wellness | For Providers
How to Refer Patients:
Referring your patients to ‘Ekahi Wellness is an easy process – once we’ve received the completed referral form and medical records, we will reach out to the patient to schedule an intial consultation with our staff.
You will still be your patient’s primary care provider, we will manage their diabetes care as you have outlined in the referral form. We will provide you with monthly updates which may include but are not limited to:
- Blood glucose trend reports
- Educational session attendance
- Consultation notes
Frequently Asked Questions
‘Ekahi Wellness Eligibility
We now accept HMSA, as well as most other forms of insurances common in the state of Hawaii. To determine if your patient is eligible for ‘Ekahi Wellness, please call us at 808-777-4000.
What You Can Expect
The provider continues to manage the patient’s care plan during the term of the program and leverages the provider-patient relationship to support the lifestyle changes required by the program. Participants of ‘Ekahi Wellness must continue to actively work with their referring provider to make appropriate adjustments to care plans as their chronic conditions improve. This includes office visits to manage medical conditions, medication adjustments, and any testing required to measure program outcomes. Our staff will work with the referring provider and the patient to facilitate this process.
What Your Patient Can Expect
We partner with you and your patient to empower patients with the resources they need to better understand and manage diabetes. At each visit to ‘Ekahi Wellness, your patient will receive:
- Access to clinical pharmacists from Times Pharmacy
- Access to a nurse practioner specialized in treating patients with diabetes
- Access to a CDE that can make dietary recommendations, as well as offer online and face-to-face nutrition classes
- Access to a medical social worker that can help connect patients to everything from behavioral health services to transportation services.
Vivante - Our Care Partner
- A digital blood glucose log that utilizes bluetooth compatibility to receive results directly from a glucometer
- On-demand online education sessions designed to compliment our own face-to-face education sessions
- A virtual care team of nurses, certified diabetes education providers, and medical social workers available around the clock.